On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Wind and the Plastic Bag.


You are a plastic bag
            that has traveled the world
to help others. Once
            you held many sins inside your emptiness.
You felt the need to fill that void,
            the need to be needed
            and to hold purpose.
You were thrown away when used completely,
            limp and molded under footprints.

I am the wind
            that has traveled long but not far.
My gusts have swirled through many
            for I have felt the need to lift up those
who could not
                        rise themselves.
            I would lift at the expense of my blows
                        until I was nothing but a breeze
                        posing as a whisper.

You are a plastic bag
            and I am the wind blowing freely.
Come dance within my gusts and feel confident
            that I will never let you fall.
I want nothing more from you than for you to feel swept away and love it.
Beauty is my swirls holding you up
knowing that you must hold my wind in you, too,
            to complete this perfect tango.

No comments:

Post a Comment