On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Poem Fit For A Girlfriend.


This was unexpected, you and I.
Something that can’t be explained.
According to the untrained eye,
we’re not even close to being the same.

I’m sure you thought what I thought,
that first night that we kissed:
together, we’d be pretty hot,
but apart, you wouldn’t be missed.

But something unique struck me,
as we began to date.
It turned from the grand idea of fucking
to something perhaps fueled by Fate.

I admit I don’t quite understand
why it is that we work so well,
but soon after this thing began,
I knew I’d fall – and I fell.

I still don’t have a clue
what you’ve done to me,
but the only girl I see is you
because you’re the only girl I want to see.

I feel like I’d be stupid
if I didn’t snag you up quick.
I’ve been hit by a dozen arrows from Cupid
and they all say “Jennifer Hicks.”

I want to go from you and I
to being a perfect “we.”
I can’t go another day without you as mine
because I’m yours and I want to be.

So I’ll be yours and you’ll be mine;
I want to take us there.
Be my girl because you’re one of a kind,
and no one else can even compare.


No comments:

Post a Comment