On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a lover's spat.


my mouth moved without hesitation
            and my heart knew that
regardless of our destination, I had an obligation
to communicate my frustration
even if it meant losing you.

and there was silence as i drove.
            as i gripped the wheel with fear
and the look you gave me with sheer
disbelief as if it were clear
that you and i were nowhere near
to being worth this turmoil.

at least, that’s what i thought you felt
            in the silence of the drive
when your eyes locked on mine
and i realized i wasn’t fine,
that losing you, this relationship,
wasn’t worth my pitiful whine
            and i wished i could rewind
                        my big mouth.

while we faced each other and you seemed
            to reach and grasp at nothing,
as if you were afraid, too, of something
and your tears caused my heart’s breaking,
as your body held in mine began shaking,
i knew that i was completely taken,
            body, heart, and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment