On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

An Iceberg.


1-22-10

around me in all parts
are those that live for
their own enjoyment
and i am so wrapped up in misery
that i am failing to see why i should care.
you come to me
and expect me to understand
why you need to instigate this crusade
and you need to stand up for
yourself more.
why do you not explain your heartbreak?
poetic words of clarity are not required.
you do not need to always
be mature and understanding.
allow yourself selfishness.
and you should relax more.
stop breaking in anxiety and
expelling your stress onto the world.
with the world in shambles
as it is in this day and age.
no one will text message a care,
not even i who loathes my
solitude as much as i thrive off
of it even if i am signed by
obligation to extend my heartfelt
sympathy – i cannot.
i am an iceberg out at sea.
your struggle is such a hush-hush topic
yet i can recite it backwards and
backwards.
you do not need to tell me your struggle.
i know, i feel, i struggle with it too.
understand you are not alone
though you feel lonely.
stop seeking my approval;
i control nothing by myself and when
i lose control over that, i am helpless.
i struggle, i fluster, i suffocate
and i will submerge you with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment