On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sweetest Sin on Sunday.

(an old song I found on my laptop.)

tell me how did I wind up here?
my thoughts are all a mess.
my brain and heart don't see eye to eye.
they both think they know best.
I've tried reason, I've tried words.
and none fit to fill the hole.
it's bothersome that it's my heart
she accidentally stole.

maybe it's the way she's always dancing.
maybe it's the way her smile captures me.
maybe it's that she thinks she's not perfect
or how she keeps stars green with envy.
I don't claim to know all the answers
but I know I'm here come what may.
what I do know is quite simple
she's the sweetest sin on Sunday.

some would say I have it bad.
I guess I would have to agree.
I can't blame the gods of Fate
even if this path choose me.
some would question why I risk it
when the stakes are so high.
But if they knew her like I know her.
I'd bet my life that they'd see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment