On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cotton Sheets.



She smelled of cotton sheets
the dryer heart upon me
as her conflicted arms embrace me
                    and I am swept away

to where I know safety lies
like your secrets latched at your heart
                    always threatening to escape you
as your heart beats            out and in

and Out.

yes I’m swept away like bundles
of dust thick in the room corners
( I tried to clean the corners, but the cobwebs
own the corners)
yes I am swept away

the summer’s night weight not on the weather
                but whether or not I see your face
you grip me from cuticles to blood
rushing for you, to impress you.

she smelled of cotton clean sheets
she wrapped me securely away
does this make you sad
Old Love.
to see me securely away?

unjust, unjust, this spell confines
how she captured me in lust
no -- pay attention.
She just smelled of cotton sheets.
She smelled of cotton sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment