On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Who Could Blame Her?


10-25-09

You were everything I imagined you to be
            and more.
Every expectation I had for you,
            you exceeded.
You succeeded in being all you could be
            because you couldn’t be more.
I kept my mouth shut
            because I didn’t want to be
            just another person against you.
I was on your side.
Until you began to confirm what I knew to be true.
I tried not to be bias
            as she cried up in her bed
                        helpless, vulnerable, and alone.
I gave her the most sound advice I could.
I admit some negativity on my part.
            But don’t condemn my thoughts or opinions
            when your actions made it so hard
                        to be civil.
She fell into a depression
            and my heart cried with her.
I hope you think you did nothing wrong
            because if you knew the truth,
            I doubt you could live with yourself.
Turn an ignorant check to this issue;
            you’re good at that.

But she’s better now.

She doesn’t cry in her bed
            helpless, vulnerable, and alone
                        anymore.
She’s no longer sad over you.
            Just sad for you.

And who could blame her.

No comments:

Post a Comment