On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Nightmare After Losing You.


4-5-10
I woke up without you here.
            Though in my dreams, I held you near.
            With cheery smiles and hugs so tight,
You stayed with me all through the night.

But in my dreams, reality did creep.
            It wedged its way into my sleep
            and my dream thus became a nightmare.
Yet no one was around, no one was there.

With fearful eyes, I watched you leave.
            And left again, was I to grieve.
            Death engulfed my once peaceful rest,
Despite my fighting words of protest.

The realization of your life’s passing,
            showed me how death was ever lasting.
            And when I woke with eyes full of tears,
I clung to my pillow, wishing you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment