On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Crashing Heartbreak.


senior year

I worry about the future,
            do you not see this crashing wave?
its peak is now and I fear somehow
            the fall cannot be saved.

The wind is changing and I feel
            the heart’s beat speed up and down.
Yet there you are – you seem so far,
            I’m yelling for you but there’s no sound.

Fear consumes me. I shake with excitement.
            The world is my unwritten book.
You are a chapter; can you be the plot rather
            than someone whose heart I took.

So young and beautiful, so much time to make up.
            Where do we go from here?
For the first time, I don’t have a line,
            this situation begs to remain unclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment