On A Clear Day, I Can See Myself For Miles.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

When She Is, I Am.


When she looks at me
                My lips want to sing out
                                The lyrics of her gaze.
                I wish to play her tango
                                On my tongue with sweet music notes that dance,
                In the shadowy contours of her face.
And my ears drone out all other noise.
                Just her beat, her sweet dance of captivation.

When she touches me, 
                My spirit feels
                                An electricity surge.
                Leaving electron fingerprints on my skin
                That fizzle and spark once ignited.
I would alight Las Vegas if you hugged me.
Each touch spreads like vines,
                Until every inch is covered,
                                A lightening storm waiting to strike.

When she kisses me,
                My heart writes poetry,
                                Where verses pump through my veins,
                Circulating romantic revitalization throughout my body.
                The poetic phrases marionette my life line on the EKG,
                                That used to be
                                Flat.

When she is,
                I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment